Monday, July 16, 2007

Debbie's latest cleaning job

On 7/14/07, Debbie and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary and it's no secret how much I love her. From the first day I saw her standing on that lonesome street corner in Detroit waiting for her next trick to drive by, I knew that was the woman for me. She has been not only a loving wife for 34 years, but also my constant companion and best friend. She nurses me back to health when I'm sick, and is just one hell of a wonderful woman. She has a good head on her shoulders and never once has she been afraid to put me in my place if she thought I needed it. Apparently, that alone is a full time job.


Most or all of you know what a stickler Debbie is for a clean house. Hell, a clean anything for that matter. She even goes into the basement once or twice a year with the vacuum and sucks up non-existent cob webs from the corners and ceiling. But now, she's taken this cleaning sickness a bit too far and I have to say something about it.


For Christmas last year, we decided to buy ourselves a laptop computer. We have other computers, but a nice laptop for the upstairs was a nice present for the both of us. Over the months, she has turned into quite a computer person. She even knows how to pay bills online, something she never did before. I've actually become quite proud of my little I.T. wife. Actually, it's becoming quite hard to use 'Her' computer anymore and I find myself using the desk top in the dungeon more and more. The other day, I was out in the yard finishing up some work and as I was walking back through the garage into the house, I noticed her at the side of the trash can, rummaging through a vacuum bag. Curious as to what she was doing, I walked over and asked. She turned around and said, "You need to go in right now and call Gateway. They sold us an inferior computer."


"How so?" I inquired.


"Well, I was vacuuming the couch cushions when I noticed that you must have left the lid up on the laptop and I saw a small crumb. I started to suck up the crumb with the vacuum hose when the 'G' key pulled right out of the keyboard and was sucked down the hose. That's why I'm out here."


Now, you all know that if I ever did something like that, she would be on my ass 24/7 until I drove somewhere and purchased a 'G' key. But, since 'Little Miss Clean' did it, it's not that big of a deal. So, until I can get to a Gateway Outlet, I have to make sure that I hit the 'G' key when a 'g' is in the word. But, you gotta love the woman. At least I can walk into my basement, knowing that I'm safe from spiders attacking me from ceiling.


3 comments:

Mona said...

Only Deb, Only Deb! She is nuts and we all know it! Just wish she would get nuts enough to come clean MY garage and crawl space.

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing she didn't knock the H out of the keyboard!!! Grammie Dammie

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Deb is my idol!!