Saturday, May 31, 2008

Every Little Bit Helps

With the price of gas going up and up and up, it seems like everything else in America is going up also. All Americans are starting to feel the crunch and tightening their belts and thinking about what is important to them to spend their hard earned, or disability money on. Here at J.E.'s homestead, we decided since it's just the two of us, that Deb and I wouldn't go out and buy the expensive cuts of meat that we are accustomed too, buying instead of Porterhouse or T-Bone, that we could just as well survive eating a Rib-Eye.

Even History is pitching in. This morning, around 10:00 a.m., while peacefully sleeping with a cool Easterly breeze covering my body, I heard Debbie's voice praising History for something. I crawled out of bed and ventured downstairs to see what was going on. Debbie opened the door to the garage and showed me that History Sugar Hall was helping out the money crunch by bringing home a meal for himself, so we wouldn't have to go out and spend 32 cents on a can of Chicken & Gravy for him. Debbie said that she'll have to go online and find out how to make rabbit stew. How could he have known the importance of savings in times like these. All I can say is what I've been saying for years: He IS the smartest cat of all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

N-A-S-T-Y!

Unknown said...

what a thrifty cat!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

I love History stories!!