Thursday, May 8, 2008

Tennis Shoe Claustrophobia

Debbie, aka, 'Tiny Dancer' (BS From JE - 4/17/08), had injured her foot while dancing crazy drunk on New Year's Eve in Cadillac. After begging her to go to the foot doctor for four months, the pain was finally too much for her and she decided to seek professional help. Enter Dr. Gregory H. Colbert DPM-aka Footman Extraordinaire, located in Charlotte, MI. to the rescue. 'Big Greg' as he liked to be called, told her that yes, he could indeed help her and within a couple of months she'd be walking like a normal person.


On the way to 'Big Greg's' office, Deb said to me, "You know what he's going to say don't you? He's going to want me to get inserts for my shoes and it isn't going to work. My feet will get hot, start to sweat and I'll get claustrophobic and pass out."


"WHAT!", I said looking at her in amazement. "You're telling me that if you wear inserts in your shoes, you'll pass out from the heat? Is that what you're trying to tell me?"


"Yes Damn it. And, l'll also become claustrophobic which will cause me pass out."


I was dumbfounded by the last statement and was about to respond when we pulled into 'Big Greg's parking lot. After a complete examination, he said that she would indeed need inserts and he wanted her to purchase a pair a good tennis shoes to wear. He recommended that we go to Dick's Sporting Goods and purchase a good athletic pair, not some off the shelve brand at Wal-Mart.


Deb told him that she hated wearing tennis shoes and she had a pair of Keds that she's probably worn at least twenty times in the past ten years and proceeded to tell him about getting claustrophobia and passing out. After his laughter subsided and he picked himself up off the floor, he told her to go out and buy a tennis shoe that would support her feet properly and not to worry. She shot me a look that said, "I told you so." and we left the office. We went to Dick's, bought a pair of expensive tennis shoes, Big Greg put in the inserts, she's worn them for the past three days and hasn't passed out once or had a claustrophobic attack. She looks good in the new shoes and according to her, the inserts are working great and she'll be ready to dance up a storm by New Year's Eve.
WHICH ARE THE 10 YEAR OLD KEDS?


Claustrophobic and pass out. Do you believe that sh-t?



2 comments:

Mona said...

I don't blame her! I hate tennis shoes too....I understand the claustrophobia, cuz I feel it too.

Unknown said...

oooh i understand that!! I like flip flops, sandles or nothing at all