Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I'm Back

As you know if you've recently been to 'B.S. From J.E.' that I haven't been on for awhile. No, I haven't run out of material, just too busy during the day with outside work since the weather has been beautiful and going to bed early once I get home from 'Magnesium Products from Hell'. You may think driving a forklift is a gravy job, and it is a hell of a lot better than standing in one place putting a screw in a piece of metal or grinding a part every 18 seconds, while another part is already there waiting and you're falling behind with people screaming at you to keep up. But, I'm moving from one end of the plant to the other, constantly moving dashboards and other items and dodging employees that stray into the 'Forbidden Yellow Line Zone' meaning the forklift path. Haven't hit anyone yet, but damn near took the boss out last night when he foolishly walked out from behind a rack without looking, either not hearing the sound of me honking the horn or just completely worn out from the long hours he puts in. The work isn't physical, but quick paced and as you all know, I'm not a quick paced kind of guy.




Two days ago, as I was leaving for work, I was upstairs and noticed History-History Hall crashed in our bed. I thought to myself, I think I'll give him a pat on the head and wake his furry ass up like he does to me every morning by putting his wet nose on my nose. I started to rub his head and he lifted up and cried out like he does when he's hurt. After further examination, I noticed that his ear was sliced completely open, AGAIN. Yeah, you guessed it, he once again got his furry ass kicked by some other cat or a mammal while prowling the fields he calls his own. I called Deb to let her know and once she arrived home, took him to the vet who confirmed my thoughts. He shaved him to check out the wound and gave him a shot and some medication. So now, I get to wake Deb up when I get home from work and she gets to wake me up in the morning before she leaves for work to give History his meds like a little kid. Since he loves being outside, he's going 'Meow Crazy' going to each door of the house, wanting to get out and driving me crazy with the constant meowing. So now instead of being History-History Hall the bravest cat of all, he's History-History Hall, the stupidest cat of all. But, he'll heal up fine, roam his fields and medows and in a few months come home beaten to shit again.

I love this time of year, the leafs are starting to appear on the trees, flowers are starting to bloom and the smell of the freshly cut lawns is in the air. I have the deck furniture out on all three levels of my deck, although I'll have to remove it all in a couple of weeks when I begin to power wash, which brings me to another item. I'm having what will now be known as 'Jim's Annual Deck Staining Party.' Everyone is welcome to participate and I'm even going to provide some 'White Castle Sliders' to feed you for your effort. What more can one ask for? Sign up quickly, the list is growing.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

i volunteer to be supervisor

Anonymous said...

I have a bum arm, I HATE Sliders, but I will come for the jokes and smoke cigarettes and drink Coke!