Thursday, April 19, 2007

Winter Golf with my Buds

The Parkman Brothers-Minus One


The Parkman Brothers, minus one, met for a 10:30 tee time last Saturday at Reddeman Farms in Chelsea, MI. for the first of many golf outings we do every year. If any of you can remember back five days to last weekend, it was COLD, windy and cloudy and not the type of weather one would go out and play golf in, no matter how much of a Golf Ho you are. But, the 'Hos From The Hood' were there, dressed for the elements and ready to play. Although there was some talk about blowing it off and partying for a while, we manned up and took the plunge. I mentioned to the person behind the counter in the club house that they should have carts with a wind break attached and to my surprise, the lady said, "We have ONE out there." That was all it took. You saw nothing but asshole and elbows from me as I made a dash out the door for the cart, snatching my bag on the fly.












We intended to play 18, but after the front nine, one of us, or actually all of us said the 'F' word followed by 'This' and we packed up the clubs and headed to Stiver's Bar/Restaurant just down the road off I-94 for some lunch and long over due catching up. The laughter was endless and the time flew by. It actually turned out to be a somewhat decent day and shooting a 43 for nine the first time out this year, put some hope in me that it was going to be 'My Year'. Of course, I say that every time I shoot well the first time out and it never happens, although I do come home with more money than I left with. Suckers!
I didn't get to sleep until around 4:00 a.m. Friday night, or I should say Saturday morning and I had to get up at 8:00 a.m., somehow get myself awake and then drive an hour to the golf course and freeze my ass off. When I did get home around 7:00 p.m., my lovely wife had the house spotless, as usual and was in the process of grading papers. I briefly gave her the 3x5 version of the day's events, went straight to the dungeon, flopped in my recliner, turned on a game and instantly crashed out for a couple of hours. When I awakened, guess who wanted to go shopping? She said I didn't have to go, but we spend so little time together, I felt it was my obligation to go and please her. But, I did run into Mona at Meijer along with Catie while I was looking for something.
The weekend is suppose to be beautiful and we're invited to Cadillac to party with Steve and Stacey, but I will probably have to work. But, I will be getting in a round prior to heading in, that is if Deb lets me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you wussies hahaha what are you, old men?

Anonymous said...

Took me a while to read this, but it was worthwhile as usual. I am sure it is not the last of the Great Golf Outings for the summer. I look forward to hearing if it is your year.