Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Sunday - 2007

I haven't written anything in quite awhile for reasons we all know. But, life goes on and I know Karen would have wanted me to continue writing B.S. FROM J.E. We all miss her and love her, especially Uncle Jim.



Anyone seen the Easter Bunny?????

The one thing I love about Easter is, I'm off for three days, well two days anyway. I figure that one of the days, I'll be helping Debbie clean and do the running that she wants done. I'm glad that I not only married the woman who has rocked my world for 37 years, but also someone that keeps a clean ass house. So in all reality, I shouldn't say I'll be helping her clean, I'll just be doing a little PICKING UP.
I planned to do several chores this weekend and the main chore was re-caulking my bathroom shower off the family room. It came out nicely, even if I have to say so myself and the swearing was kept to a minimum which not only surprised Deb, but me as well. Now, I'm in the process of re-designing the entire bathroom or 'baff-room' if you're a student in Deb's third grade class, and make it look a little more 'Manly' than it is. I took her to Menards a few weeks ago and was shocked when I showed her the floor tile I wanted to install along with other ideas I had, and she agreed with every one of them. I must have caught her at the right moment and wish I had it on tape in case she starts to give me shiiiiiit over it later on. But, this will be probably a summer project, if I have any spare time left over from golfing, kayaking, playing horse shoes and just plain relaxing my old ass on my deck.
The girls and Eddie, our future son in law, came over for Easter dinner and like always, Deb fixed her family a wonderful meal. She makes Martha Stewart look like an amateur in my eyes. I suggested taking the clan to the Sheridan for an Easter Brunch instead of her having to cook, but you know who nixed the idea, saying that it wouldn't be the same. Hell, I'm not cooking, so didn't matter to me and I saved a 'Benjamin' or two by having dinner here
.

When the girls were little, they had something like 50 Easter baskets a piece, but now that they're all grown up, we whittled it down to one. On Easter monring, Jennifer could always find her baskets within minutes, but Stephanie could never find all of hers and the rule was, Until every basket was found, no one was allowed to eat their Easter treats. Jennifer was always patient, trying to help her little sister and once the last of her baskets were discovered, they'd dig in and have chocolate all over their face and hands. Cute, but a hell of a mess. Now that Eddie will soon be a member of the family, he has his own basket. Deb wanted to hide them, but I reminded her that Steph still isn't skilled enough at finding hers and besides, we all might want to eat dinner some time today. So it's now official, basket hiding has now been eliminated until we have Grand Children running around raising hell and making Grandpa take them out and buy things.

In my next blog, I'll tell you about how my good buddy, ESPN golf commentator and Professional Senior Golfer, Gary McCord, keeps calling me at all hours begging for a lesson. It's gotten so bad that I've had to unplug my phones. Now, he's emailing me constantly and has even gone so far as to offer me money if my Parkman Brothers and I let his sorry ass go on our next golf outing. I'll tell you more in the next one of these things.

Happy Easter to the four people that read this shiiiiiiiiit.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Human, glad you're back. I've missed your bull shit. See you Reddman Farms on Saturday, bring your cash. Sorry about your God Daughter.

Anonymous said...

You would be surprised to know there are much more than 4 of us reading this wonderful blog. I personally know of others that I have sent the link to.....they secretly peek in on you often. In addition, Laura has added your link to hers, as has Cathy. THEIR friends enjoy BS from JE....or "Crazy Uncle Jim". Glad you enjoyed your Easter and I am looking forward to watching and hearing about the bathroom renovation!

Unknown said...

Mona's right, I have a few friends who keep up with our blogs like its freaking Days of Our Lives.

I love hearing how much you love Deb :)