Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Does My Wife Cook For Me or What?????



Working afternoons is really throwing my off eating habits. I was used to having great meals prepared by my lovely wife at night when I came home from work. Now, there's a different scenario here at the House Of J.E. Deb doesn't cook like she used to since I'm not home in the evenings and if she decides to cook something great for dinner, I'm treated with fantastic leftovers when I get home. One night, she prepared one of my favorite dishes, Chicken with Mushroom sauce over rice and I ate like a king for dinner and lunch the following day. Some nights, she has a steak thawed out for me to grill or cook and other times it's up to me to fend for myself.

Like last night, she said that she had prepared some BBQ boneless ribs for me and made a cherry pie. All night, I could envision munching on a huge rib sandwich smothered in BBQ sauce and a slice or two of cherry Pie to top it off. But, when I walked in the door I didn't smell the aroma of ANYTHING. To my surprise, there was a note on the counter saying that my ribs were in the freezer and the pie was on the side counter. Apparently, Deb and one of her favorite pastry friend, Mrs. Smith, worked feverishly into the evening to make me a pie, and my boneless BBQ rib sandwich was in a box to microwave. But, I wasn't upset about it (too much). She works all day herself and it's a chore to think of things to cook for herself and me for later in the evening. I really don't expect her to have some tasty morsel for me to eat when I come home, but come on, a $0.99 BBQ Rib Sandwich in a box.


After waking up today at 11:30, I thought I'd make something tasty for lunch, but didn't want to start making something that would take an hour or longer, so after scouring the freezer, I ended up with, you guessed it, something frozen again.

Deb mentioned me the other night that she was really in the mood for some fish and had picked up some Cod to cook for me tonight when I got home, and if she were sleeping all I'd have to do is re-heat it in the oven. While retrieving one of the 5 for $5 Totino's Pizza from the freezer, I thought I'd take the fish out and get the thawing process started. I looked high and low and didn't see the Cod she was talking about and then I spotted it. Can you picture the expression on my face when I bent over and picked up the Cod she was so anxious to have.

Now that my stomach is full, I should stop writing and get my lunch box packed for work. Have I also mentioned that because of the 'Frozen Food Diet', I've lost almost 30 pounds? Now I'll be able bend over the golf ball when I play.






















































2 comments:

Mona said...

Damn, Jim! 30 lbs????
I am all over this diet!
Let's see, frozen pizza works for me and I don't even have to cook. Now if you could just get Joe out of my house and let him cook at YOUR house, I could do it.

Unknown said...

lean cuisine is on sale at meijer this week.... I love frozen food, i need a bigger freezer sometimes!