Sunday, March 18, 2007

St. Patty's Day Up Norf

With the weekend off, Da-Bra-Less and I headed Norf to Gaylord for a little relaxation at Becky Sue Teel's, along with Steve and Stacey. We couldn't leave until Saturday morning, but it was a nice drive with very little traffic to negotiate on I-75. The cruise control was set on 85 mph and with Deb behind the wheel, maneuvered the Jeep effortlessly down the highway. It was St. Patrick's Day and we anticipated going out for the evening with the 'Fam' for some good ole Irish cooking, a shiiiiit load of drinks (Iced Tea for J.E) at the local Irish Pub in Gaylord. And after tearing up the town, some long over due partying back at the cabin.

Becky, Steve and Stacey had already started partying without us at a neighbor's across the street and were heading back to the cabin when we arrived. I managed to carry up all the suitcases Debbie brought for a one nighter, as she managed to bring in the pillows she brought. It was great seeing everyone, and it's been a couple of months since we've all gotten together. I was even more pleased when Becky asked me if I wanted to 'Pick some Clover'. And why not, it was a day for celebration. I was amazed with the weather as cold as it's been up Norf, that she was able to grow such a nice crop. Instead of heading to the Pub as we thought for dinner, Becky surprised everyone with some St. Patrick Day Enchiladas' and other assorted Irish goodies to go with the St. Patrick Day's theme.

March Madness was in the air and we ate, laughed, watched the games and ate some more. At halftime of the Spartan game, we gathered up the drinks and headed across the street to party with a neighbor and finish up watching my beloved Spartans lose. I was disappointed, but the Wings were on next and that took away my pain for a little while. After a couple more hours of laughter and stories of the younger days growing up at the cabin, we headed back across the street to the cabin for a bedtime snack of, you guessed it, Enchiladas.

I hated to get up this morning and head home, but it was worth the drive Norf to be with family and friends. We need to do this more often, the clock is ticking the batteries are running out of juice. I'm glad that I have had such a wonderful family to party with for 36 years. I couldn't ask for a better family to marry into. You guys are the best and I love you all.



















































































3 comments:

Mona said...

Sounds like a great weekend...WHO is that with the shamrocks?

Anonymous said...

That's our own Aunt Becky with the shamrocks stationed at the key locations.

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. As I was reading, I hear Paul behind me asking who shamrock boobs was... Hi Aunt Becky!