Sunday, February 4, 2007

Kinda Kick'n Back On Saturday




I really look forward to the weekends and not just because I don't have to go into work. Well, yes that's why, but mostly because I can do all the chores and little things I wasn't able to do during the week. If I could get myself on a schedule during the week and get up at a decent hour instead noon, I would be able to complete most of the tasks I had planned and would also have the weekends free for Deb and I to spend time together since we really don't see each other during the week. But, by the time I wake up and my body starts moving correctly, it's time for 'Days of Our Lives' and then leave for work.


Yesterday, Deb and Jennifer were going to shop for a wedding dress and before she left, told me that I only had one chore and one chore only to complete and that was putting together another dresser that she purchased for Jennifer. Being a Sauder Man from way back with at least 50+ dressers/cabinets and computer desks under my belt, I knew that it would be a cinch to put this together, AND IT WAS, THE SECOND TIME AROUND. I had put together another one two weeks prior and I learned my lesson well. Deb had purchased one for her earlier and then decided that she would need another one and it was MY JOB to assemble it, again. Years ago, Sauder used what I called the 'Pound In Place' locking devices, but when I started on the first dresser, I discovered all of that had changed and they had converted to plastic clip mechanisms and tongue in grove construction. DIRECTIONS REQUIRED! I could tell you of the hours of hell I went through with the first one, but the swearing would take up most of the page. The second one however was a breeze and I had it completed within 2 hours. Whoever came up with this new idea was a genius. Unfortunately for me, I have to take the first dresser almost completely apart because I put the top on backwards. Hey, shiiiiiiiiiit happens. With my one and only chore completed, I kicked back, enjoyed a little golf on the tube, followed by some Spartan Hoop and I was still able to do what I do best.
.

3 comments:

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

I love the picture of you sleeping! So funny.

Karen said...

I just love you!! (And I still think you really did find those bones)

V said...

Oh, how I hate assembly furniture. I was just blogger hopping and ended up here. Keep blogging! :)