Thursday, February 22, 2007

Will I Have To Work This Weekend????

The main question that is on my mind these days is "Will I have to work again this weekend"? Hell, who knows, who cares. I never know until Wednesday when the Overtime Schedule is put up and that isn't always a given either. I thought I was suppose to be off last weekend, but was told on Friday evening about an hour before I was to leave and enjoy two days off with my lovely wife, that I had to work. Yesterday, I looked at the O.T. schedule and it looks like I'll be free this weekend, but once again, WHO KNOWS, it changes from hour to hour.

I don't know about you, but I really hate this time of year in Michigan. My life growing up in Detroit or I should say the 'outskirts' of D-troit, were filled with fun and adventure. Skiing with my friends, pick-up hockey games in the park and hanging out afterwards at one house or another. But now, I don't even want to go outside in this crap. I long for the weather to warm up so I can get outside, dressed in something other than my Carharts, boots and gloves. I'm so looking forward to heading out with kayak on the roof of the car, wind whipping against the straps and making the most ungodly noise you've ever heard, as we head down the highway at 75 mph and driving Debbie nuts.

I really look forward to spending time at Steve and Stacey's place on Lake Huron and the great views of Lake Huron, the beautiful Michigan sunsets, walking along the beach and of course, the great times that we share.


I also look forward to golfing with my grade school Buds on our impromptu golf outings. And, how can I forget the Annual In-Law Golf and Party Weekend with Stacey and Becky at the end of April. The weather up Norf is always iffy at that time of year, but we play anyway and party afterwards. Actually, we party while we play.


But, what do I have to look forward to until Nature awakens from her wintry hibernation?




AREN'T MICHIGAN WINTERS GRAND????


I believe this is at Marsh Ridge on the 452 yd. par 4. How the hell do I play this shot?




















1 comment:

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Really cool kayak photo. I'd love to go kayaking with you sometime!