Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Cat Sitting

For the past week we've been watching Jennifer's two cats, Jagger and Reagan while she completes getting her new place suitable for living. Don't get me wrong, they haven't been a problem at all because as soon as they see you, they take off and hide. You walk in the door, they haul ass. You walk into the family room, they haul ass. You walk upstairs, they haul ass. You rarely ever see them. Well, last night when I arrived home, I found them both, petted Jagger once before he fled and then saw Reagan lounging his furry ass on the bed in the 'Big Boy's Room'. I walked in, started to pet him and to my surprise, he just laid there and let me rub him. I told him "Hey, no one is going to hurt you, you can come downstairs and be rubbed like cats like to be rubbed." Deb had taken a nap earlier in the evening to wait up for her man (he left before I arrived) and after I showered, she informed me that she wanted to go to either Meijer or the Paush for a FEW groceries. After spending a couple of 'Benjamins' we left to come home.
After we returned home and cooked up some steaks at 2:00 a.m., Reagan decided that he was going to heed my words and came downstairs to join us. He was rubbed, petted and patted and loved it. Around 3:00 a.m. we decided to go to bed and Reagan walked upstairs, hopped in our bed and walked around us for about 10 minutes before I shut him out. Well, all night long, he sat at the bedroom door meowing about every #$%^&*-ing thirty seconds. I turned up the television, fell asleep to it and I woke up to it. It drove me $%^&*-ing crazy. But, I was happy at least one of them finally felt safe enough in our home to allow Deb and I to rub him and love him up. But, our new found trust isn't lasting long because they head back to their new home today.
It's been funny to see History inner act with them though. He guards 'His' toys, he'll chase them off the back of 'His' chair and gives them some weird cat stare to let them know that they are only visiting, not staying in 'His' house. He must know that they are inside cats longing to get out, because he'll stand by the door in the dining room, turn his head back and give them some look that only cats can understand like, "Hey, I'm heading outside to play, you want to come with me? "NOT!"












4 comments:

Mona said...

I advised Jen to leave them with their Grandpa for another couple of days so she can unpack. I can see you are bonding and enjoying quality time!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like being with the grand kids for a week. My chicken is grilling perfectly and I'm anxiously awaiting my first bite. My first weekend off this month and my wife leaves me. Is that love or what?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dad and Mom for watching my babies! Jagger and Reagan love you very much - Reagan wants to know when he can come and spend another night! He misses you already. My children are doing just fine in their new home. Thanks Mom for helping me get my house in order! I could not have done it without you. I love you very much! It's cool to read your blog dad... so "Nick-like".

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Hahahahahahaha! I love the picture :) Good thing History accepts her "Niece and Nephew"...