Thursday, January 18, 2007

Great picture taking weather

When I was a youngster growing up in the 'Hood' not many years ago, I used to love this time a year. My buddies and I would meet at Ellis Park first thing Saturday and Sunday morning dressed in our hockey attire, don our skates and skate out on the ice rink that was made by opening up a fire hydrant and flooding the lowest part of the park. We played for hours. We didn't have a Zamboni to clear the ice after each period, but we had shovels and cleared it off ourselves so we could continue to play and we'd play until dark. Two empty coffee cans or pieces of wood for the goal posts. The good old days. But, now that I'm older, I can't skate like I used to and the only hockey I want to play now is on the Nintendo, or watching the Wings at the Joe or on the tube. I took a few pics the other day and have come up with what I think are some great wintry shots. During the recent ice storm, I thought a view of our country road, trees laden with ice and the sun shinning down the road would make a nice picture. I could be wrong, but it looked good to me and that's all that matters. If we lived in Australia, I'd tell ya to "Piss Off'. Then I discovered an abandoned bird house that someone attached to a tree in front of our house which looked pretty cool, so I took a picture of that too. The pictures look better full size than little like they are here.
I found out today that I don't have to work this weekend and I'm really happy about that. Although, I could probably handle one day. That would have been a few more 'plates' taken care of. But, you know how much I enjoy working. I think I'll make a list of things I need to do and a list of things I want to do and see which list wins out. Looks like it's going to be a kick back do nothing expect what Debbie tells me I have to do, type weekend.

2 comments:

Mona said...

Great pics, Jim! Did you forget you are moving Jennifer and Eddie this weekend? I KNOW which list will win.

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

You are a great photographer. It looks really pretty there. I hope we get some snow soon!