Sunday, January 28, 2007

Deb's Birthday

Although we celebrated Deb's birthday today, it was actually on 1/16, but I had to work that weekend and Deb was busy helping Jennifer move into her new house. So, it was decided that if I didn't have to work this Sunday, Steph would have a birthday dinner at her home in Lansing. Well, yours truly had the weekend off and told Steph that dinner was a GO. Jennifer and Eddie and already made plans and were meeting up with Eddie's family for his son Eric's 16th birthday and couldn't attend, but a good time was had by all that attended (3), Six if you include the cats.
The birthday dinner was sort of a dual thing. A dinner for Deb and a tub to chaulk for me, which by the way, Steph said after I finished that it looked as if she did it, and criticized my workmanship. But, there were presents to open and one of Steph's great dinners to chow down on, so I let that slide.
The first gift that Deb opened was a bed tray from Steph, which will come in handy on the weekends, when I cook my 'Little Punkin's' breakfast, after I wake up around noon. Then, I believe I bought her a candle for her second gift. The third gift she opened was even more surprising to me, when I discovered that I also bought her a foot massager/heater. Thanks for picking those up for me Steph.
After having some of Steph's 'Black Forest birthday cake, the girls played some game and never bothered to ask me if I wanted to play, so I just kicked back in the recliner and took a nap. Their loss, not mine. Happy Birthday, Punkin's.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a fun time at Steph's for Mom's belated Birthday. I wish I could have come. I love you Dad.

Anonymous said...

Love you too. Wish you could have been there also, you missed a great meal and a lot of laughter. We took several pics. I will share some of the cake your sister sent home, if I don't eat it before I go to bed.

Mona said...

From all I have heard about Stephanie's cooking, I have to find a way to get on her guest list!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Love the pics of Deb! Happy Belated Bday. :)