Friday, January 12, 2007

Short and sweet

Sure is lonely now that I'm on afternoons. I don't see anyone all day and when I come home from work, the house is empty with the exception of someone sleeping upstairs, snoring so loudly that I can hear it down stairs. Deb tried to stay up, but couldn't, or so she says. I told her that she didn't need to be up when I came home, she was up at 5:15 a.m. this morning getting ready for a meeting. Funny there were no early meetings before until Randy, her principle, became divorced. Sheeeeeeet, why get up early for a 'little', when I'm on afternoons and not around during the evening anyway. She can just tell me she had to stay over a little later, for a 'one on one' or wouldn't even have to tell me at all. How would I know?
Discovering the above wouldn't cause me to go running out to Abie's to drown my sorrows. I haven't woke up with a hangover in years and I'm liking it. It's nice waking up in the mornings and still having the same amount of money in your pocket that you left with earlier and wondering why you bought a round of drinks for people you don't even really know. Not that I've ever done that. No, I wouldn't pour ice cold, great tasting, and extremely refreshing Budweiser down my gullet, bottle after bottle. Hell No!

2 comments:

Mona said...

Jim, I can imagine it IS lonely. But you are in luck...you can come over on my days off, hang out with me and I have at least 100 items on Joe's "chore list" that you can take care of. What are friends for?

Jim Hall said...

You know, I would, but I don't get up until 11:30 a.m. and by the time my body starts to work, it time for Days of our Lives and then have to go back to work. In fact, I have to get a shower in before the soap comes on.