Saturday, January 6, 2007

So many things to do and no time to do them

First off, I kind of given up on my page layout. I've played with it, looked at it and even swore at it, and I can't figure out how to change the page color. I'm going to try and put in a picture or two, but if you don't see one, I couldn't do that either.


Being on afternoons has given me zero time to do what I enjoy doing most, kicking back. After almost seven months off work, I've become, how could I say this, almost lazier than Debbie claims I am. Could I help it if my back was aching like a MoFo for six of the seven months I was off work? In fact, she told me that I never listen to what the doctors say. And, when I finally take my doctor's advice when he said "Jim, I can't emphasize enough when I say I want you to just relax, chill out and don't do anything that may put a strain on your back.", she get's mad. I thought taking the guy's advice was what she wanted me to do? Granted, I didn't do much during that time, but remember I was hurting big time. What she doesn't understand is, whatever I WAS able to do, I did it in severe pain for her sake. Can she even slightly comprehend how much pain I was in when I kayaked down the Grand River? Don't think so.

How can she even possibly fathom how badly I hurt, after hitting a 5 wood 220 yards to within three feet of the pin at Bay Harbor C.C., along the rocky shores of Lake Michigan, when I couldn't get out of going up north on my Annual Four Day Golf and Party Weekend, with my Detroit grade school buddies. Lord knows how hard I tried to get out of going. She hasn't a clue of how much pain I was in when C.R.-P.I., SanFo, Baloo, P-Daddy, Glove's and myself played a game of 3 on 3 touch football in the street like we did when we were kids growing up in Detroit. No clue what so ever. But did I complain? Hell No! I sucked it up like any man would do in front of his friends and I PLAYED THE GAME.

Finally, now that I'm feeling better and ready to jump right back in and start catching up on the things that I had to put off, due to my injury, I DON'T HAVE THE TIME. By the time I get up, have something to eat, check and respond to emails, read the paper and then watch Days of Our Lives, I have to make my lunch and start to get ready to go to work. I honestly don't know where the time goes once I get up around 11:00 a.m. But all and all, Life is good.



















1 comment:

Mona said...

We are all feeling for ya, Jim!