Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Working afternoons

Now that I'm on the 'Afternoon' shift, my body is still trying to figure out when to go to bed and when to get up. It's been hard, so to speak, with Debbie still being on 'Christmas Vacation' this week trying to work out a schedule for myself. Once she goes back to teaching 'Jackson's Finest' I should be OK.

When I arrived home last night, she had a huge meal prepared for me and asked "Is is too early for you to eat?" Well, I guess not since it was completely done and on plates. I really wasn't ready to sit down for a nice meal two minutes after I walked in the door, but like the good husband I am, we had dinner together at 11:30 p.m. and then she announced that she was heading up to bed, leaving me wide awake to unwind in the comfort of my living room or family room, which ever I chose to unwind in.

"What do I now?", I thought to myself as I set there alone. It's too dark and cold to go outside and do something. So, I kicked on the t.v. and what do you know, it was still James Bond week. Once I watched Octopussy for the 212th time in my life, I decided to go to bed. I quietly walked into the room, had the remote in my hand to switch channels as she slept and out of the blue she said "You not going to turn on that damn James Bond again are you?" So, I kept it on news channel that she fell asleep to earlier and once she fell back asleep, I turned the channel back to Bond and fell instantly asleep. I did wake up prior to her and quickly turned back on the news, fell back asleep and she wasn't the wiser.

Tonight, once home and unwound, I will work on the layout of the Blog page for a little more content and picture adding. One more thing. I hate afternoons.

1 comment:

Mona said...

Don't mess with Bill O'Reilly or Nancy Grace......or you will have a far bigger problem than working afternoons!