Sunday, January 14, 2007

Is everyone off this weekend but ME?




As I sit here watching 'Da Bears' play Seattle, I realize that I have to leave for work in about 30 minutes. I can't even watch the entire game, but 'Da Bears' are up 14-0 at the start of the second period. Deb said she was going to drive me which will be fine, but she will not be happy when she has to leave our warm house to pick my old ass back up at 11:00 p.m. But, that's really the only time I get to see her. She's off tomorrow for M.L.K. day, and I have therapy tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. and have to get up early for that and will be going right back to bed when I get home around 9:00 a.m. What a life I lead.
This is my work attire since I'm both inside and outside of the plant all night long. All the other drivers are off this weekend, but me. Hardly anything is running, but I have to be there to move the parts around. When I arrived at work, I walked into the plant and noticed there wasn't room to put another rack of parts, but they were still pushing them out like a woman pushing out kids on welfare, and barely enough room to drive a forklift around. I don't like working weekends, but have convinced myself that by working Saturday and Sunday, it will pay for eight non-relatives at Jennifer and Eddie's upcoming nuptials, maybe. That's a lot of weekends I'm going to have to work to cover this. There goes my hot tub again this year.
But, the brightest thing of my night will be coming home to my 'Little Punkin's' (if she'd waited up) and maybe getting a hug and a kiss from her. But, since she won't be, I guess it's just me and my boy, History-History Hall, the bravest cat of all. He won't dessert his Dad.
So, my parting words to all of you is, "Fork It".

3 comments:

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

cute picture of Deb!!

Mona said...

What a great Dad you are! By the way, I was off for MLK day too.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that everyone had a nice long weekend.