Sunday, January 7, 2007

Kickin back watching the playoffs

What could be better on a chilly weekend in January than kicking back with your favorite snacks, drinking a little Red Rose and watching the football playoffs? I can think of a few things, but since that isn't going to be happening, I can think of nothing else I'd rather be doing. For those of you who haven't been over to my home, I have a computer room just off the family room, a nice little spot that now has everything a guy could ask for to make his life complete. Unfortunately, the only drawback was I couldn't see the television in the family room from there and would always have to roll my desk chair out to catch a replay. Not anymore.



For Christmas, Deb bought me a nice 20" flat screen that fits perfectly in there and now I MISS NOTHING. In fact, she also bought me a DVD player so I could watch some movies of my choice. I was thinking though, did she do this because she loved me, or was it because she didn't want me using the new laptop, sitting with her and watching sports? Actually, it really doesn't matter because I enjoy being in my space. Now I just need a little fridge in there and life would be good, but I don't see that happening. Maybe if I tell her she'd never have to see me until bedtime, I may get one sooner than I think. I'll keep you posted with a post if that's the proper word for it.


Anyway, after the game, Punkin's and I went to Meijer and I happened upon a ceramic beer can turkey holder. Just the like a beer can chicken holder, but being ceramic you can pour a varity of things in it to flavor the turkey. You just add what you want (tonight we're using BBQ sauce, honey and chicken broth) I'll let you know how it turned out. Deb just told me that Steph, Tori maybe Casey were on their way over and also, Jennifer and Eddie wanted to come over and try out the bird. Sheeeeeet, there goes the turkey sandwiches for my lunches. Speaking of food, I wanted to thank Joe again for the great time I had at the Nuthouse for the Rose Bowl. Even though U of M wasn't the victor, the steaks grilled to perfection were the real winners that day. Do I want to be invited back or what???? One of the best cooks I know. Well, the tribe is over so guess I'd better get up there and secure a plate. I'll let you know how the bird turned out.

Our dinner was great and the turkey came out tender and moist. Steph and Tori didn't stay because Steph has turned vegetarian and I guess Tori wasn't hungry. And, I didn't need to worry about sandwiches because there was enough left over. I'll have to ask Deb if this was anymore work than actually roasting a turkey, but it didn't look that bad to me. I can't be sure because I was sitting on my ass watchng the game, but I didn't hear her complaining.

Reporting-ly,

J.E.




































2 comments:

Mona said...

Did they all smell the bird cooking and come running? Interesting looking creature it was!

Anonymous said...

Actually, it was really good and sat well on it's ceramic perch.